Welcome to Haydom
Every year there are many people visiting or working at Haydom Lutheran Hospital. The most common visitors are doctors and dentists, nurses and midwives, medical and nursing students, volunteers, research applicants, casual visitors and hospital friends. All visitors are very much appreciated as they make a welcomed addition to our staff and surroundings. However, we are selective in who we welcome to make sure that the added value to the hospital is not disregarded.
If you wish to visit Haydom, please send a request to guests(a)haydom.co.tz. Write your request in English to help our staff. Tell us who you are, how many you are, when you wish to come, how many rooms you would need, how long you are hoping to stay and what the purpose of your visit would be. Please send the request well in advance so that there is a good chance that we can welcome you to Haydom Lutheran Hospital.
For all types of volunteers except very specific specialised doctors or dentists, a general rule is that a visit of less than 6 weeks if too short to be of real value to the hospital. We therefore encourage you to try to arrange a minimum of 6 weeks for your intended visit.
Karibu Sana !
Doctors or dentists
- Someone with a medical or dental degree, possibly with postgraduate specialist training
- You are registered as a doctor, dentist or medical practitioner in the country where you now are working
- You want to work in the clinical area as a doctor or dentist while at Haydom
Nurses & Midwives
- Someone with a number of years experience and possibly with postgraduate specialist training
- You are registered as a nurse or midwife in the country where you are now working
- You want to work in the clinical area as a nurse or midwife while at Haydom